Funding Sources for Schools
Obtaining funding for a bullying and violence prevention program is often a major concern for schools. Community Matters offers resources and support to help you obtain funding support. This page contains a list of organizations that offer financial assistance grants. We also offer a Funding Toolkit (see sidebar at right) that contains sample templates for creating compelling grant proposals and suggestions for building community alliances that can help lead to increased funding. Please contact us if you need additional support or guidance at email@example.com or 707.823.6159
Funders often want to know the potential ROI for underwriting school improvement programs. Click here to use our Suspension Cost & Loss Calculator and see how much money the Safe School Ambassadors program could save your school or district.
Foundations and Corporate Funding Sources
- Shutterfly Foundation
- Red Robin Foundation
- The LEGO Children’s Fund
- The Allstate Foundation
- The Annenberg Foundation
- Braitmayer Foundation
- The Charles Lafitte Foundation
- The Lawrence Foundation
- Sprint Ahead for Education Grant Program
- Teammates for Kids Foundation
- Jimmy Buffett’s SFC Charitable Foundation
- IDILOGIC - Foundations List
- OMNOVA Solutions Foundation
- HMSA Foundation (Hawaii)
- The New York Community Trust
See also these sources in your local area:
- Rotary International
- Kiwanis International
- United Way of America
- Association of Junior Leagues International
- Lions Clubs International
- U.S. Jaycees
- Police departments
- Health sources: Mental health funds; medical clinics and hospitals
- District and school safety funds including school enhancement dollars
- Violence prevention organizations
- Neighborhood Watch groups
- Parent-teacher associations
- Faith-based institutions
Online Databases and Additional Resources for Grantseekers:
- Associated Grant Makers: a list of foundations, corporations that award grants, donors, and philanthropic advisory services.
- Public Education Network: a list of education-related grant opportunities.
- Fundsnet Services Online: a database of private funding by state.
- The Council on Foundations: access a list of community foundations by state.
- Foundation Directory Online: search databases of up to 80,000 grantmakers and more than 500,000 grants. (Paid subscription required.)